Contrast therapy is also known as 'Immersion Therapy' or 'Hot and Cold Immersion.' The treatment involves exposing the body to a contrast of temperatures
It is necessary to book into the Hydrotherapy pool, as we have maximum of 4 people at any one time. Please call or email the centre to organise a booking.
Contrast therapy is a new concept for most people. Put simply, it involves going back and forth from hot to cold water. Generally, the individual puts their body in the hot water for 3 to 4 minutes, immediately followed by cold water, for 3 to 4 minutes. This process is repeated multiple times, going back and forth between the hot and cold water, ending with the cold water.
Benefits Of Contrast Therapy May Include:
- Reduced Pain
- Improvement in Mild Muscle Strains
- Decreased Swelling
- Faster Recovery after Exercise
- Improved Circulation
- Increased Energy
- Increased Immune System
- Increased Alertness
There are many benefits that come from the mechanical and thermal effects of water interacting with the body. This can help soothe the body and promote increases in circulation and flexibility. Regular hydrotherapy treatments relieve, relax and slow down the process of stress reaction
It’s not advised for those who have open wounds, skin infections, skin problems like eczema, fever or infection, ulcers, metal implants of any kind, or cardiac insufficiency to engage in contrast therapy. Additionally, pregnant women should consult with their physician prior to doing any contrast therapy.
Health Benefits May Include:
- Increasing blood circulation
- Hydrating cells, improving skin and muscle tone
- Loosening tense tight muscles, encouraging relaxation
- Boosting the immune system
- Dramatically increase the elimination of waste assisting detoxification
- Improving the function of internal organs by stimulating their blood supply